access 406 without a key....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, I know we don't want this all over the web, but I need some help here, search and you will find I have posted about a 406 before, so not a lout trying to nick one...

I need some urgent help.

got back from hols...

went to get something from the car, and close the windows, key in ignition, closed windows, closed drivers window, whilst walking round to the otherside, the car (somehow, it doesnt have an auto lock if no doors opened) locked its chuffing self, with the key in the ignition.

No problem I thought, can I get you key love, I shouted to the wife, reply comes back, its in my hand bag.
Wheres that, I ask....

in the car says she....

so, is there any way I can get in without breaking something, or if I need to with minimal cost to repair.

I can understand if no one want to post here so feel free to PM me.

Sponsored Links
I believe the 406 has deadlocks so the traditional methods of coat hanger/string etc. down the window or tenis ball are not going to work. I'm affraid you are either going to have to call an auto locksmith (or the AA/RAC if you are a member) or you are going to have to smash a window.

Probably worth phoning Autoglass first and find out which is the cheapest window!

Is it remote locking?
Can you can pry the drivers door open enough at the top using a wedge to get a rod in to press the button on the keyfob?

Sponsored Links
sorted (partially anyway)

managed to remove rear quarterlight though what the hell, my MCB is protected, and I have the add on thing covering my excess, so sod it what else do I pay em £700 a year for.

got it out in one peice, so it will now cost me a few quid for a new rubber.

timtheenchanter";p="1688145 said:
sorted (partially anyway)

managed to remove rear quarterlight though what the hell, my MCB is protected, and I have the add on thing covering my excess, so s** it what else do I pay em £700 a year for.

got it out in one peice, so it will now cost me a few quid for a new rubber.[/quote]

You didn't spice your wife up that much did you? Woah boy!

Back