Access Control HELP?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Ive purchased a paxton compact access control unit for a little project, very simple to setup with the mag locks.
However, there will also be a seperate door phone which needs to operate the same lock -
Ive been told i need a relay (and have one - a videx n506?) however im not sure i do?
Can i just connect the output of the doorphone to the exit switch input in series with the exit switch?

If not, can anyone advise how i need to wire in the relay ? Confusing the hell out of me!
Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
Can i just connect the output of the doorphone to the exit switch input in series with the exit switch?

Possibly, but as the Paxton is looking for a normally open switch closing you'd have to wire them in parallel, and assuming the output of the videx system is an open switch closing when the door release button is pressed in the handset.

If the output from the videx system is a voltage then you'd use this to feed the 506n and take the normally open circuit from there to connect to the Paxton exit input.

If it's a Videx entry phone, I think that the output is powered so the easiest way of wiring it is to connect the 506 coil in place of the lock strike and use the Common/Normally Open for the exit button input of the Paxton.

The Entry phone lock output should go the 506/N terminals 1(24V) or 2(12V) and 3+5 and the Paxton exit button is replaced with terminals CO1 and NO1. Check the polarity for the lock but it doesn't matter which way round you connect the exit button.

If you're using a fail-safe lock, use the CO1 and NC1 terminals.

If you need a separate exit button (as well as the entry phone), connect it in parallel i.e. Connect the push-to-make connections to the NO1 and CO1 terminals. This way, the exit button input will be "pushed" if the relay is triggered OR the button is pressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back