wiring for card and mag lock to be hooked into MC 25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ,
im a commercial window and door glazier with 10 yrs of new construction exp. i've been doing service on doors for the past 5 yrs mostly commercial app.,hunter ,horton,L C N ,but now i've recently made the jump to doing the wiring as well as the door installation,full auto high-speeds and Im having an issue with the wiring of some products.

the question is how to tie into the card access and the mag-lock as well as the remotes (jamb buttons)
i know the transformer goes to the BX , the motor hooks to the relay (easy)
the back check and the latch control on the top the motor use magnets to control the speed and have adjustable sensors that relay info to the relay and controls the BC ,ls ,ds ,and can timed very easily,lets move on ,I can get it in and working properly very easily with a receiver and remotes and can tie in a 12v ,24v transformer if need be ,the access and mag have been there for years,and the card reader is vintage ,the mag is a r C 12V
can i tie into the 120 from the mag and set it up as the strike
on the relay ,using low voltage activators to control the mag and the card access separately and wire the jamb buttons direct to the relay

i will post pics on this topic if your answers are intelligent ,please help me understand better the work im doing ,i know learning may take longer than few short weeks but i've come a long way and need some guidance in understanding more about electrical applications ,and im not GREEN ,been doing this literally my whole adult life just now im getting older and require more to challenge me ,i was starting to feel complacent and needed a new challenge

thank-you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back