Adding a Mag lock to a Audio system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted this on the electrics UK forum, But it might be better on here.

I would like to add a mag lock to a Bell Audio system for three flats, but I am a little unsure if the two would be compatible.

The audio system is a simple 3 button bell, system and the mag lock and keypad/fob reader is an ESP EZtag 3

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Bell/902_Wiring.pdf

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/ESP/EZTAG3_Manual.pdf

I would like to use the phone key button to release the mag lock
but I am a bit unsure about the wiring
Would the one power supply be sufficient for the audio system and the maglock, or would I need the two 12v supplies
I was thinking the phones O and Z short together when pressed, (According to the trouble shooting guide, but I tested T and Z shorting)and this would be equivalent to a door release switch, but I am unsure about the situation with two supplies

The front door does not have a lock release. And the Mag lock will be on a outside gate

Hope that makes sense

Any assistance really appreciated

Sponsored Links
Your going to need the following , either a 12v ac relay ..or ..a 12v dc relay and rectifier, a 12 v psu , depending on the the maglock supply / cable distance from intercom .. 2-3amp ..or bell systems used to do an interface unit ( relay )

Would that be the '89' dc relay
I was hoping I could do away with the bell 212 PSU and use the EZtag PSU as it appears that it can output 12 dc or 12 v ac ?

You can use a dc psu for the bell intercom , then any 12v dc relay can be used , you will still need another psu for the mag lock

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply
Its the switching of the mag lock powered from one PSU from a phone powered from another PSU which is causing me a bit of confussion
Would you know link to a wiring guide for such a set up

IMG_2108.PNG 2 psu's plus point a damaged lock doesn't drag the intercom psu down and no back EMF from the lock ( most maglock are suppressed these days )

Sorry just realised you are using a esp keypad ....would fit a relay from the bell intercom that activates the push to exit on the keypad giving timed exit on the mag lock ....no need to keep your finger on the lock release button

Hello again

Sorry still struggling with this

I can't work out how to connect the ESP tag to open the mag lock. I have draw in the + and - between the two devices.
Would really appreciate some guidance

Many thanks

Attachments

• Fail Safe Lock release.pdf
    482.3 KB · Views: 420
Power keypad and maglock from one psu , the maglock wired via the relay in the keypad ....
Power the door intercom from a separate psu , wire the push to exit on the keypad to the relay on the door entry system ...
You could power from one psu BUT a fault on the lock will knock out all of the system ...

Thank you
I gone with one psu for the whole thing. (I need this to be a simple as possible)
So its the pink and gray wire i need to connect to.
Sorry to be so dim , but how do I wire the push to exit to the relay.
Really appreciate your help on this BTW

I have tried this but it did not work for me. My setup is identical, the Bell system is a 902-910 which 4 intercoms, they all are working fine, I cannot seem to get the magnet to work although the Live is getting 12v.

I have an older EZTAG2, not 3, could the wiring colours be different?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back