Access Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know of a good Access Control system that uses RFID, PC managed, Network, expandable, and will do Attendance?

I am tasked with finding a system for our new building, to support 10 doors or so.

Ideally something I can buy and fit our-self.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Time and attendance is a different ball game and a can of worms. If you just want to log transactions and are not using the information to pay people, any PC-based access control system should do you. One of the easiest for a newbie is probably the Paxton Net2. You can wire the door controllers with RS485 (on cat5 or Belden 8723 eqiv.) or use IP on your structured cabling (i.e. network). You can use different reading technologies including prox/rfid. Don't forget locks (fail-safe or fail-secure?), exit buttons (pte or T-rex?), emergency door releases (green break-glass), battery-backed power supplies, etc..

There are many other systems available but I'm not sure how easy they would be for you to buy and install. You may like to consider contacting a local security firm to put it in for you and fitting prox readers and locks can take a bit of skill/practice! ;)

Thank you very much the Paxton looks perfect for my needs, I have fitted a few systems before, mainly cheap Chinese ones, so wanted something a bit more reliable this time.

One thing to remember about using time/ attendance features is that all doors need to be read in and out for it to be accurate , this will increase costs as two readers will be required at each door

Sponsored Links
Yep, no issues, only need this on front door not on internal rooms.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back