Card access unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of adding card access security to my house.

Anyone recommend a system not too expensive?! One i can fit myself as im confident in doing so.

For example i want it for side gate but there's magnetic or solenoid latches. I guess magnetic not so good due to leaves dirt etc.

Preferably some kind of rfid touch pad style system would be good.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All depends on gate / post not the card reader but the locking type is the issue.... Act 5 keypad that's pin and prox easy to install..depends on buget also .... Post picture of gate

ACT all the way.

If you fit Menvier intruder kit, the prox will work on those too, so only one prox for door and alarm. Sadly wont work with Texecom kit (as far as I know - tried and failed).

You learn some thing every day ! Lol I knew you can add the act fobs to the premier but then it won't work on the act stuff...but didn't know that it worked on the menvier panels..

Sponsored Links
I never managed to get one to work with the premier at all? It just wouldn't recognise it?

I have two sites with menviers, and ACT door entry, so 4 systems. The ACT fobs are assigned to all systems. My fob also assigned to home :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back