How to clip down very very small dia cable from magnetic sensor ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How to clip down very very small dia cable from magnetic sensor ?

The sensor is basically the same as a magnetic contact switch on security systems, ie doors and windows.

A fixed magnet then a magnetic reed switch on the moving door. This switch has a flying lead buit into it. See SENSOR

But the cable is very very small in diameter approx 2mm , and I have to clip it to a wooden gate. The smallest nailed clip is 3mm dia (bell wire). So the cable sildes about in it. I have used it with a bit of packing in it, but it does not look good.

Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Staples.
I have a pack of stainless steel and with a bit of messing about you can nail one into wood without destroying it.

Wow, both sensor and cable look delicate. Would it be possible to chase out the wood to bury the sensor (countersink it) then chase a tiny channel with a Stanley knife to plop the cable into. You could tack the cable (and whatever cabling it’s extended with) into the channel with spots of epoxy and then fill it with silicone sealer maybe, so it’s removable if needs be. I’d feel the urge to give the sensor housing to make it less prone to a bashing personally.

Sponsored Links
would you not have the magnet on the gate and the sensor affixed to the gate stop as thats the only point it will be near enough to pick up the magnet ??
if you attach wires to a gate they may fail or get caught up and pulled off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back