Access panel in wetroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am looking at putting in a wet room into my house. The problem that I have is that I need to install a large access panel in an area that will be at the side of the shower area so it will get sprayed with water.

I have seen tiles access panels on web searches but could not find anything that stated that these panels were water tight.

Has anyone come across or installed a solution for this type of problem?

Sponsored Links
I would have thought if they’re tiled, then they’re only as water proof as the other tiles, so providing they’re installed correctly, I can’t see why they wouldn’t be water proof, if not tight.

How often will you need to open the access panel? One option might be to tile over it but use silicone instead of grout at the shut lines, so you just need to cut the silicone out to open it and and re-seal when you're finished.

There are panels that can be tiled and removed. I don’t know how waterproof they are, or if they are big enough for you, but the website would tell you?

Sponsored Links
Access panel to what?
It will be access to the services behind a stud wall. The only location I can put it is within the the shower area. Don't want to have to tear the wall down if there is a problem as would need to retile and don't want to use a shower panel.

It will be access to the services behind a stud wall. The only location I can put it is within the the shower area. Don't want to have to tear the wall down if there is a problem as would need to retile and don't want to use a shower panel.
Move services .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back