Tiled access panel - how to access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom is all tiled and so far I've only needed the loo and the shower access panels (which are fine!). But now I need to get to the u-bend under the sink and I can't see how to do it.

There's a big tile under the sink which is siliconed in rather than grout like the rest of them, so I think it must be possible to remove for access, but I've tried pressing gently on the corners in case there's a catch there, but nothing happens. I'm not sure how to get it out!

Can you help me?

Pic 1: the outside of the tiles, showing the one that is sealed with silicone rather than grout.
Pic 2: inside, showing the gap for access (picture from dangling my phone through the shower access panel)

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 110
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
That's super clever! Yes, that does seem very useful, and I have a Wolseley nearby, I'll see if I can pick some up there.
And yes, I've cut through the silicone but not pulled it all off yet, that's a work in progress...
THANKS.

that tile runs behind the bath panel and shower screen

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back