Access plug into boss

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has a recurring toilet blockage. I plan to go up and help him fix it soon. From pictures there is a helpfully located soil boss/junction that I planned to hole saw into and then try rods/snake and my endoscope camera.

I asked him to buy one of these and test fit it. He says it's too loose to glue in. I thought it would be a direct fit. Any ideas? Do I need a straight coupler or something?

Sponsored Links
You'll need a branch boss adaptor specific to the make of soil fitting.

• Thanks
Reactions: bsr
You'll need a branch boss adaptor specific to the make of soil fitting.
Ah ok thanks.

I thought a boss was 2" so pipe would go straight in. Are they some other size like 2.5"? Or non standard sizes since manufacturer specific?

Sponsored Links
The boss will typically be 54-56mm so you need a boss adapter to allow that 50mm fitting to fit.

As suggested though, not enough space to rod the stack vertically. Is the boss on the horizontal, on the opposite side of the offending toilet branch? You could get the rods in but no end would fit through it.

This would only work if you are able to 'jet' it, where is the nearest manhole? is it blocked?

Andy

Thanks all, I managed to find a Polypipe stockist locally and got a solvent bush. We got a drain snake up to the toilet and pulled out sanitary products. Lovely!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back