An hour researching Strap on Bosses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it was great fun.....

Unfortunately I'm still none the wiser on something. I'd rather go for a solvent weld boss and the pipe will be 50mm. I've been buying Floplast fittings of late so ideally I'd prefer to stick to them but not essential.

Anyway, they have two strap on bosses. The sp319 is push-fit orientated and the ss319 seems to be solvent weld.

In the solvent weld section they also sell 32mm and 40mm boss adapters and in the ring-seal section they also sell 32,40,50 rubber adapters (makes sense to me) but they also sell 32,40 and 50mm "solvent boss adapters".

So which bloody boss do I get and what adapter if any do I need? If anyone can tell me I'd be very grateful and links below for convenience:

Solvent stuff here:
http://floplast.co.uk/products/solvent-soil-110mm/

Ring-seal boss is here:
http://floplast.co.uk/products/ring-seal-soil-110mm/

Sponsored Links
Buy the sp22 solvent boss adaptor ( 50 mm) and the strap on boss in your preferred colour ,and away you go.

Sponsored Links
I think they are one and the same thing 319 ss/sp. And the e bay one will do as well.

So a small update. I bought the one from ebay but unlike in the picture which clearly shows "Floplast" this arrived and doesn't have floplast anywhere on it nor any paperwork or manufacturer bag. The 50mm insert falls out of the boss when tipped down - I would have though a snugger fitting than that?
Anyway maybe its fine but I didn't want to take the risk so think I'll return it.

And in case anyone is interested, this is from Floplast themselves (so confirming what Terry said).

The SS319 and SP319 are actually the same product. The only difference is the SS319 we do in an olive grey colour for our solvent soil system.

Yes, to connect to 50mm solvent weld pipe you will need the SP22.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back