Soil pipe boss leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a leak from where the boss is solvent welded to the soil pipe.

To be certain of curing it I would like to rip the old boss off including grinding off the old solvent welded collar. And then reassemble with new fittings.

Can anyone identify the boss fitting? (If its any help, the hole in the soil pipe is approx 60mm and there is a threaded component that protrudes out of this. The threaded component is slightly loose, but presently not so loose that I can get it out of the soil pipe.)

I did consider ripping the old assembly off and replacing with a strap on fitting, but given the 60mm hole in the soil pipe, there would be very little contact area to solvent weld - unless someone makes strap on bosses with bigger flanges than the Marley ones at B&Q.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Forget the c*** B&Q. Go to your nearest plumbing merchants. You could get a 50mm (pipe size) strap on boss and then fit a reducer in it to the size you want.

If the pipe inlet is 50mm then the hole you would cut must be more around your 60mm ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back