Access problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason why the initial welcome page and all tabs for this site are really slow to load? My profile won't load either.

Access to forum and postings are as quick as ever, but everything else either doesn't load or take ages.

Only been happening since the weekend.

Don't think its my laptop as all elsewhere is fine - could be wrong though!!

:confused: :!:

Sponsored Links
I use a browser link straight onto the forum post list but just tried coming in via the main webpage; no problems at all, everything loaded instantaneously including profile.

I use a browser link straight onto the forum post list but just tried coming in via the main webpage; no problems at all, everything loaded instantaneously including profile.

Hmm, not working for me! :(

Prob something to do with all the stupid MS updates I keep getting, but as I said no problems elsewhere . :confused:

If you’ve loaded any 3rd party search engine toolbars (sometimes you can do it without even meaning to) try removing/disabling them. I’ve now (since end of Feb) got a new PC running windows 7 64 bit but I had all sorts of problems with my previous XP pro on the DIYnot website. It would continually crash & go through a refresh whilst displaying the message “a problem with this website has caused Windows Explorer the close unexpectedly”. I never did get to the bottom of it & admin said it was nothing to do with their server but the new Windows 7 PC is fine & a reloaded XP (as a backup system) has no problems at all either.

If you use the internet extensively, a fresh reload of your OS (assuming you have a disc) every 12-18 months can work wonders & your system will fly again. A fresh install gets rid of all the crap in the registry, cookies, spywear & Trojans you always accumulate over a period of time which will eventually slow your PC to a snails pace.

Sponsored Links
3 month old laptop, windows 7, 64 bit, i5 processor and no problems detected with performance issues check. Every other website and program is instant so thought it might be something to do with this sites blip at the weekend as problem only occuring since then.

Deleted cookies, sorted failed installations but still the same problem here. :rolleyes:

At least the forum is working fine for me!!

Not that I'm aware of, we haven't had any other problems reported.

Can you try this link please:

//pv1.diynot.com/

and let me know if it loads quickly/slowly or not at all please?

Admin,

Tried link and IE cannot display webpage.

Ran connection problems diagnosis:

1. Computer correctly configured but device or resource (pv1.diynot.com) not responding.

2. Problem with wireless adapter access point.

Message telling me to reset something flashed up but disappeared before I could read it. Any suggestions what? :confused:

Thanks

It could be a DNS issue. Can you try this link:

http://80.87.139.15/

If that works, then try flushing your DNS cache:

To refresh the DNS, you need to run the "ipconfig /flushdns" command from the command prompt.

The command prompt can be run from: Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt

Admin,

IE cannot display webpage to your last link.

Clutching at straws, but could problems be because I connected laptop to tv via HD lead while on this site at weekend which coincides with start of current issue?

Not technically minded when it comes to computers! :oops:

I am still looking into this and will get back to you once I know more.

Admin,

Just logged in and everything working fine at this moment in time.

Don't know if it's anything you've done or the updates that installed when I shut down last night. :confused:

Thanks for all the help.

:D :D

Glad to hear all is working well now. As a final update, there was a networking issue that was affecting a small block of ip addresses which you (unfortunately) happened to be in.

Sponsored Links
Back