DIYnot Problems viewing forums.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Whilst browsing the forums or posting replies i occasionally get problems with the page loading or it will be really slow. When this happens i can open another web page such as google, ebay, etc and whizz around those with no problem at all.

Has anyone else noticed this?

It might be because the site is busy or indeed a problem at my end but i just thought i'd ask incase someone had an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It does hang occasionally; sometimes it disappears altogether. It's not just you.

I may be having similar problems, but only on my office computer at work.
I am posting this from my home computer (Windows Me) and all seems well.
But I normally log on and post at work (Windows XP).
When I log on to the forum at work the forum site loads normally until right at the end when it hangs my computer as it tries to load something like:-
img.diynot.com.hs/loader/white.gif
CPU usage jumps to 100% and my base unit cooling fan spools up like a 747 on its take off run.
The only way out is task manager - close programme (DIYNOT).
This problem started at work on Monday 26 May and I have been unable to log on at work since then.
Any ideas?

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. It can slow down a bit at peak times, but it should get there eventually. There was some problems a few weeks ago when we moved servers.

Stargazer, can you remeber what page you are going to?

Is it:
//www.diynot.com/
//www.diynot.com/forums
or similar?

Does the site load on any page? or crash immediately?

Are other sites loading working ok on your computer at work?

Sponsored Links
I've had a little trouble here with the site hanging since Monday but I've had allot more trouble with a different site since last Monday week,
stargazer if you can at work reboot the router then try this site I bet you'll be able to get it then.

Stargazer, can you remeber what page you are going to?

Is it:
//www.diynot.com/
//www.diynot.com/forums
or similar?

Does the site load on any page? or crash immediately?

Are other sites loading working ok on your computer at work?

Sorry for the delay in responding.
I have the forum saved in my favourites at work under
//www.diynot.com/forums
and it behaves as above when I try and load it.
I can however go into other websites at work including
//www.diynot.com/
without any problems.
Thanks Marshman, but unfortunately my computer at work is part of a network system and I do not have authority to change any of the router or IE security settings.
I've been off work all week, but back in tomorrow.
I will see if the problem is still there tomorrow and report back if necessary.

Stargazer, I have sent you an email.

The forums are so damn slow at the moment, and thats all the time not just peak, I have give up a few times waiting for it to load. :rolleyes:

No probs today but was reallt slow a couple of days ago.

Must be giving each area a turn. :D

a few times tonight the page has loaded, but no colour. as in white page, black text an no coloured icons.

i am wondering is the shilling running out?

bin like it for over a week now, mornings, afternoons, evenings and even 0:30 am, press a button and wait several minute for the page to load, sam e with posting, several minutes will go by between pressing the submit and returning the topic.

Sponsored Links
Back