Forum slow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found that this site has gone really really slow. Like 20 - 30 seconds before i get any forum stuff up. Before i didn't have to wait for any thing to load. I click and it was there straight away. Been like it a few days now. Thought it might be something my end but every other site i use or search for is fine. Run a speed test on viewing web pages etc and my laptop came out at one of the quickest tested on its spec. Also have 4meg broadband which also tested. Has anyone else had any problems?

I just split this post as softus replied, he said "nope"

Sponsored Links
Thanks lynda. Anyway what it is doing is loading the top blue 'diy not' bit at the top and then a square advert below it the second i hit the button. No wait time at all. But then thats all i get for 20 or so seconds . The advert is sat there changing every couple of seconds like it should do but i get no tex below it for a while.

i get "page not available" when i "tick" the mark forums as read button, click refreash and back comes the forum, weird

Sponsored Links
Me and all, can't wait until the kids go back to school :evil:

Today the forum seems to work at normal speed. But i now keep getting a page saying CRITICAL ERROR and then nothing opens.

Hello, I am currently looking into what's slowing things down and the critical error situation, I will keep you posted :confused:

I get the couple of lines on loading the forum for the first time, saying click here to return to diynot home page. The one on a blank page, just 2 lines of text.

Steve said:
I get the couple of lines on loading the forum for the first time, saying click here to return to diynot home page. The one on a blank page, just 2 lines of text.

Same here :!: :(

Hi Steve, have you had this error in the last couple of hours?

I am hoping that the 'Critical error' issue has now been resolved. I have made some changes which I hope will prevent this occurring again.

DIYnot said:
Hi Steve, have you had this error in the last couple of hours?
No, but it has reared its ugly head in the last week or so a few times. No issues today.

DIYnot said:
Hello, I am currently looking into what's slowing things down and the critical error situation, I will keep you posted :confused:
I have been getting the same as Breezer's problem for the last 4 weeks, I thought it was my laptop, today seem to be okay

Sponsored Links
Back