Access Scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to start a full width hip to gable loft conversion, and at the same time build a 6mt ground floor full width extension, with part 1st floor extension.

I intend to have both builds going at the same time due to time constraints.

Providing access scaffolding up to both lots of eaves, will involve at least one or two supporting columns being footed in the neighbors garden, and an elaborate arrangement of 8mt span lattice beams at 2nd and 3rd lifts on my side.

Neighbour so far seems amenable and friendly after a chat about it.

I am trying to minimise the impact of all this scaffold, if I had more time I would do ground floor first - then rest scaff on that, avoiding footing anything in my neighbors garden.

Interested to know what other builders would do in this situation.

Sponsored Links
I'd buy the neighbour a case of his favourite tipple and count my blessings.

Interested to know what other builders would do in this situation.
I bribe offer all inconvenienced neighbours an 'incentive' or 'land rent' in return for the use of their land. Our most recent job, I was taken advantage of. As well as land rent, I also built him a small wall and repaired his fence. The old boy is chuffed to bits with his new slabs too.

People just need to me managed.

Sponsored Links
You've reminded me ... I did offer the neighbour to replace any fences and offer a 'green wall' his side - to break up the 6x3mt face of the extension, he then went on to ask if I could do his loft for him some time. ... so all agreeable at this stage.
Am happy to offer something back for the inconvenience.
Just want to avoid any relationships going south for what ever reason ... has anyone written a list of most common reasons why that might happen during a build?

ust want to avoid any relationships going south for what ever reason ... has anyone written a list of most common reasons why that might happen during a build?

Parking.

Certain stages of a build could mean half a dozen vans parked up. Neighbours get most upset.

Being friendly and considerate goes a long way, customers and neighbours often like having such builders around despite all the stress.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back