Access to Conservatory Roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to gain access to the back wall of my house which overlooks the conservatory. The 20 minute job does not justify the expense of scaffolding/platform but I do need to get onto the conservatory roof to do it. Would placing boards across the roof beams to spread the weight be sufficient? Use of a roof ladder?
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Youngman -staging :?: -like a large scaffold board with strengthening ...always just asked for a youngman @ hire shop :oops:

Doug
I was surprised to see the fitter walking all over my new conservatory roof panels in trainers. When I queried this he said a 40mm poly roof was more than strong enough to take the weight (depends how much you weigh I suppose!). Thinner roof panels, not so sure but as long as you support across the roof beam it should be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back