Accessing e mails

J

JulieL

I am registered with NTL and have an ntlworld.com e mail address.
Unfortunately, the cable to the laptop where I access my emails from has broken - so no power at present until we can buy another cable.

Are any of you aware whether it's possible for me to access my NTL addressed e mails from another computer like you can with hotmail and yahoo?

Its just I'm a bit thick when it comes to this kind of technology!! :oops: :)

Sponsored Links
Well, not sure if this might help, but my email account is with a company that has 'joined' World-client.
You can check this on the website of you host, If there is a 'link' to internet-mail (or named something else) then you only need your email log-in name and password to access you emails on-line.

you can access almost any email from any pc, PROVIDING you have the relvent infomation.

look at it this way

some one sends an email to you, you go into your pc and read email simple?

lets look at that again.

some one sends an email to your email address, (not to you)
you go to a p.c which you have previously set it up with the relevent information and voila there is the email

if you set up another pc with the same information you can get any email

you may also in your case go to the home page and start from there as some isp's have the facility you are looking for, but as this is a diy forum, and nothing to do with nthell, i wouldnt know

Sponsored Links
Allenm said:
Goto the AOL homepage www.aol.co.uk and sign-in. You will be able to check your mail from there.
and what good will that be since origonal poster said
JulieL said:
Allenm said:
Also, the link below will work for any mail account.
www.mail2web.comCheers
Merv
as for that you expect to go to an as yet unknown website give them your email address and password, yeah right course we will

I've often been in the position of needing to read my e-mails on somebody else's computer. They get onto the internet through their own ISP in the usual way. I then find my ISP's website (which anybody can visit) and go to the e-mail section. At this point I am asked to log in.

If you've ever tried this with your own ISP and asked "Why should I have to log in? I'm already logged in!" the answer should now be clear. Anybody who's already on line can visit your ISP's website. Do you want them all to be able to read your e-mails?

I log in with my own username and password and there's my mailbox. I can read them and send replies just as if it was my own PC but I'm doing it directly on the website rather than through an email client. This works for me because I have a 'proper' ISP (unlike AOL) and because they provide web access to my mailbox. I don't know whether NTL is a proper ISP or not. Why not try it.

Julie

Not used NTL myself, but on the NTL website, do they have a members area where you login with your account details? If so, there may be a webmail option where you can access your mail online. Most of the ISPs I have used have this option.

Edit. Basically wot Felix just said, but 6 minutes earlier. I must type faster. :oops:

Igorian said:
Edit. Basically wot Felix just said, but 6 minutes earlier. I must type faster. :oops:

i said it nearly 3 hours before you typed it ;)

breezer said:
Allenm said:
Goto the AOL homepage www.aol.co.uk and sign-in. You will be able to check your mail from there.
and what good will that be since origonal poster said
JulieL said:
Allenm said:
Also, the link below will work for any mail account.
www.mail2web.comCheers
Merv
as for that you expect to go to an as yet unknown website give them your email address and password, yeah right course we will

Unknown to you maybe, I've been using it for 7 years! I was trying to offer some useful help, rather than just spouting off.

Sponsored Links
Back