1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with e-mail in windows live mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by maltaron, 6 Apr 2020.

1. maltaron

maltaron

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Both my wife's e-mail and my special e-mail both work fine. But my e-mail using my own e-mail address continually fails with user name and passwords not accepted although they are known to be correct. The problem is the same with 3 computers. Can anyone suggest an answer? For info several user names and passwords have been tried to no avail.

TIA

2. EddieM

EddieM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

This help?

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/fix-windows-live-mail-error-0x800ccc0b/

3. chalkywhite

chalkywhite

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My father-in-law recently had this with PlusNet only. He had to ring them, and they unlocked his acct

4. Neil Henry

Neil Henry

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Who is your ISP who provides the email ? Chances are you have not got the settings correctly as a few of them require specific ways of connecting to their email servers.

5. pete50

pete50

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Windows mail is very very buggy as was it's predecessor Outlook. Both were/are prone to losing connection details. You are far better off using webmail.

6. codaamok

codaamok

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Mail isn't Outlook's predecessor and neither are prone to losing connection details. If you're having issues with either, definitely first look to see if updates are available. Mail is updated via the Microsoft Store and you can check for updates in Outlook from any Office app: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/install-office-updates-2ab296f3-7f03-43a2-8e50-46de917611c5

7. Sponsored Links