Problem with e-mail in windows live mail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both my wife's e-mail and my special e-mail both work fine. But my e-mail using my own e-mail address continually fails with user name and passwords not accepted although they are known to be correct. The problem is the same with 3 computers. Can anyone suggest an answer? For info several user names and passwords have been tried to no avail.

TIA

Sponsored Links
My father-in-law recently had this with PlusNet only. He had to ring them, and they unlocked his acct

Who is your ISP who provides the email ? Chances are you have not got the settings correctly as a few of them require specific ways of connecting to their email servers.

Sponsored Links
Windows mail is very very buggy as was it's predecessor Outlook. Both were/are prone to losing connection details. You are far better off using webmail.

Windows mail is very very buggy as was it's predecessor Outlook. Both were/are prone to losing connection details. You are far better off using webmail.

Mail isn't Outlook's predecessor and neither are prone to losing connection details. If you're having issues with either, definitely first look to see if updates are available. Mail is updated via the Microsoft Store and you can check for updates in Outlook from any Office app: https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/install-office-updates-2ab296f3-7f03-43a2-8e50-46de917611c5

Back