Accessing window above conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I need to replace the silicone around a bedroom window as wind is whistling through the gaps where the existing sealant has come away. The only problem is that this window directly above the conservatory so I cant put ladders up.

I was considering removing the internal beading and taking out the glass and leaning through with the sealant gun! Is there any better way and/or things I should look out for when removing the beading?

Thanks,
-NS

Sponsored Links
That will be your cheapest method.
As for beads it will depend on the type and make of the windows (hopefully they are internally beaded) A photo or 2 would help

Thanks, I'll try and get a picture tonight. I know they are Profile 22 windows and are internal bead. Annoyingly, each window has a cross-bar in the middle meaning each window has two separate panes!

I guess another option would be to remove one or two of the roof panels so I can put a ladder up. I'm not too sure what is involved in that tho.

Avoid touching the roof panels. That would be alot more work!
How are the fascias over the conservatory? If they need doing too it would make getting scaffolding in more worth while

Sponsored Links
I climbed on my conservatory roof , used a board to spread weight to framework , stopped it sliding by using non slip matting stapled to underside and anchored it with a rope thrown over the ridge line and tied off.
Enabled spray painting of wall around upper window.

Take out the beading, deglaze and lean out to re-seal, that's your quickest and easiest option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back