Window beading & sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm gutting our dining room at the moment, and will be laying a new floor and getting the wall's/ceiling skimmed for painting.

As part of this gutting I've removed the wood in the bay ceiling of our bay window. This wood was used for the curtain rail, and had wallpaper under it. As I mentioned I'm getting this plastered (skimmed) for a paint finish so wanted this gutting.

The window did have some plastic beading (about 1.5 inches thick) which was then sealed between the wood and the window. This beading has been removed with the wood, which has now left an internal gap of around 1.5 inches above the window). Once the plastering has finished I'll want to reseal this gap with some new beading/plastic and fix it up with sealant/adhesive.

My question is - can someone advise on where to buy this type of plastic beading, and advise on a sealant which will not only seal but also act as an adhesive?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Just do a search for 'building plastics supplier' in your area, the mainstream one is 'Eurocell', they'll have branch/es near you for sure, just look up pvc trim. Silicone is commonly used as well to stick it down and to seal it also.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back