Accounting for the Self Employed

S

SammyInnit

Well, as I'm sure you're aware the new tax year has started so I'm looking to 'streamline' the way I do my accounting.

I'm after software that I can enter income for the month, costs for the month and charges so it will generate invoices automatically.

I think QuickBooks does something like this but I'm not too keen on the idea of it all being online and I've never been a fan of monthly subscriptions.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations?

Sponsored Links
I'm struggling to understand why you can't do this is a spreadsheet on whatever your chosen spreadsheet tool is?

I used to use Sage Sterling, but I'm not sure what the current best buy is. Have a chat with your accountant. Mine had a compatible system, and all I did was send him the accounts file over the internet at the end of the year, and he just loaded it into his computer, did the accounts, and then sent me a set of adjustments that I then input into my system.

A spread sheet is good for keeping track of figures, but require a lot more work than a dedicated system, and you only have to make one simple mistake in a column, and you could have the taxman breathing down your neck.

A quick search on google brought up this, so do a bit more searching as well

Sponsored Links
If you've got the time to set it up ..
google open source accounting software

Back