jury summons/ self employed/loss of earnings

So, I believe you are wrong, but in case I am, can you point us to the relevant section?

In fact my wife has done Jury service TWICE in the las ten years, so I'll be gutted if we could have claimed!

Thanks. EGM.

Hi EGM,

I've only just joined so I'm not sure if its a new thing, I've taken a couple of photo's of the legal cover sheet, sorry its not rotated, but your see where I'm coming from to make the comment I did.

View media item 35724 View media item 35723 [/img]

Sponsored Links
Ba5tard, ba5tard!

Thanks, Rob, you've made my day :eek:

Seriously, I have now found it on the legal bits, although mine is dated 2006. But their isn't much detail about how to claim, and what evidence is required. It is UP TO £100 lesss court payments received. The problem is the court won't pay if you have a policy, and the policy assumes you will receive some court payment!

I am going to phone the legal dept for clarification, and I may, possibly, reinstate. As a matter of interest why did you join?

Mines dated 2009, so they should I guess sent you a updated version, I joined for a few reasons, tax protection, discounts for various products and because the joining fee was comparatively low in regards to some of the services I want to use, eg already used the legal helpline twice and concluded both situations swiftly (one owed me money and one was a ackward customer).

I guess in some way I thought £150 was a bit of a punt and im already making use of the service and planning on attending one of the breakfasts to do a bit of networking, if it doesn't pan out in the year and its just another subscription then ill ditch it, however so far im happy.

EGM, sorry if i ruined your day, :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi. I got jury summons, I'm a self employed sole trader decorator.
You can always ask to be released from jury service because you are a self-employed sole trader.

I have been called three times, but have never had to serve. The first time, when I was an employee, my boss wrote to say that he couldn't afford to let me go.

On the second and third times, when I was self-employed, I wrote to tell them I was a self-employed sole trader and I got let off.

It seems to have changed nowadays~ I got a second summons saying attend you WILL NOT BE EXCUSED :eek: Seems even civi police workers , Nurses, Directors etc are no longer exempt. Ended up on 3 smallish trials, some people did not get onto a trial. Interesteing at first but novelty wore off on second day :) Faith in justice seriously dented seeing some of the antics~~ oh well it paid out the £64.somthing per day x 3 wks. Not a fortune but ~~ ;)

Back