Aching!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I had to bite the bullet and skim the walls of a kitchen job im on, the "plasterer" I have had lined up has done some good work for me before when supervised but ruined my mates house, so I had to do it. My first problem was that I didnt start skimming until half one, so was there until 7.30, so glad I had someone to labour for me, seriously guys, I dont know how you can do it all day every day, I feel a broken man. That could be down to the fact that I havent done any skimming for many many months mind you. I was suprised though that it is like riding a bike, you cant seem to forget, I found the plastering quite easy to do, just hard work knowing I had to get on two walls, the head of an opening and two reveals in one hit so I could hit the second lot out of another set.

Never again (until next time)

Sponsored Links
how comes you didnt start till half one, i diddnt get started on time today either i diddnt start my second hit till half 2 but was out the door at 5 so that was a result

Sponsored Links
to be fair newbie everyday i wake up and hope its not plaster then i get to work and.............yep more plaster haha
only jokeing i love my job

Had to dab a wall out, couldn't afford the space to batten out the last wall, even now im gonna have to cut the units back a touch. Suprised by how much I actually did, if I was working in my house (which is why I learn't to plaster) I think I would have spread the work out over two days. Im just glad I didn't have to do the ceiling too!!

I would have found it theraputic if I didn't need to get it all smashed out in one afternoon, when you have got two walls and a load of other little areas on the go you really cant take your time and because I was rushing I found the top coating alot more work as I had loads of dips and scags to fill. Still it didn't need much polishing and hardly and holes filled with fat either so i'm happy. Hope it looks as good when it's dry though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back