ACL lifestyle lp522 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Every time I turn on my lp522 thermostat controller programmer thing (sorry, im not that knowledgable about this stuff), the LCD backscreen turns on but the display is blank, and the boiler makes no attempt at lighting, so my house is rather cold at the moment, is there anyway I can reset the controller, or do I have to talk to my landlords to get it replaced?

Sponsored Links
there is no reset. you can bypass the clock by linking the live wire to connection 4 on the backplate.
there is a diagram on the back of the clock if you get stuck.
turn off the heating electrics first of course :LOL:

Can I ask why you turn it off? There is no harm in leaving it on and letting the programmer do its job controlling the HW/CH.

BTW some programmers have a rechargeable battery in them and if left on for a while will eventually start working. Can't remember if the 522 is like this but worth a try.

BTW some programmers have a rechargeable battery in them and if left on for a while will eventually start working. Can't remember if the 522 is like this but worth a try.

early ones no, later ones yes.

i just assumed it didnt matter how long it was left on. worth a try though.

Sponsored Links
We leave it off simply to save electricity, (we're students), it looks like the LCD display is broken, so I'm assuming the whole unit is broken, so I'll have to get my landlord to replace it.

It turns on and the boiler clicks, but no gas seems to flow through and the pilot light does not attempt to light either, so I don't know!

the electricity used by an electronic programmer will be in the region of 4p per year.

I wouldn't keep turning it on and off if I were you.

well, I won't after I have it changed, but that's not solving my immediate problem, is there anything I can do? or is it busted?

B&Q and some cash will solve it!

Could buy a replacement, get warm for a couple of days until the landlord sorts it then take the it back......but I didn't suggest that did I!

And hey haven't you all just got your loan/grants for the next term?

if the battery is flat, or it has no battery, you will probably have to reset the clock etc. You can probably download the instruction leaflet from the manufacturer's website (it is part of Drayton)

Try programming it blind, ie,

With the power on open the bottom flap and press the CH set button (RH end under the flap) 3 times. (Once = once a day, twice = twice a day, thrice = all day IIRC)

That should set it to on 24 hours. Then turn the CH off and on by pressing the large advance button above the flap. May need to be in once or twice a day though so have a go and see what ticks. Can do the same for the HW.

Let us know if that works.

(I hope that's right as I don't have one of these anymore since I changed it in November and its ammazing how quickly you forget how it works!)

well, I won't after I have it changed, but that's not solving my immediate problem, is there anything I can do? or is it busted?

there is no reset. you can bypass the clock by linking the live wire to connection 4 on the backplate.
there is a diagram on the back of the clock if you get stuck.
turn off the heating electrics first of course

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back