acl lifestyle mid position valve 679h340-30l0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me any ideas on my problem please. Problem occured when I lost hot water but still had heating, fault found to be above valve (no flow into hot water tank). Tried to manually operate lever but was solid, actuator head has been taken off and valve body operated and is free (when in hot water position there is flow into hot water tank). Automatically I assumed problem with actuator, I was only able to get a replacement synchron motor not a complete actuator head. This was installed into actuator/valve to find still no operation of actuator with demand on/off? The two orange cables supplying syn' motor were removed and a voltmeter was placed on actuator terminals to find on demand only 170volts not 230volts? Would this likely to be a fault on the actuator circuit board as this only looks a basic circuit comprising of 2 resistors, 2 diodes and a micro switch to me not a lot to go wrong? Or is it more likely to be programmer??? If anyone can help brilliant, I just do not fancy purchasing incorrect part as these mid position valves are quite pricey. Many thanks Tony

Sponsored Links
with heating off hw on and cylinder stat calling for heat the valve should be open to hw position, no power to valve.

Thankyou for your reply the actuator does not drive valve to hot water or mid/heating position however valve is operating manually? Voltage to syn' motor is only 170volts as opposed to 230volt? This is my concern,is it likely to be actuator circuitry or perhaps progammer??

sounds like an actuator fault.
will the boiler fire up if you move it across manually

Sponsored Links
Boiler is fine regardless of valve position(originally stuck in heating now manually to mid position), boiler was and is working heating/hwater or both. No problem there just no drive to syn, motor therfore no automation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back