ACL Motortrol valve replacement info?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with the valve on my heating system. Simply it stopped working. I could move the manual lever with alot of effort to manual so I assumed it was worn out. It is located on the exit side of my pump, one exit to the hot water tank the other the heating (rads).
The cover is marked
acl Appliance Components Ltd motortrol
Volts 240
Hz 50
Watts 10
Maximum 200 PSI system Pressure
I can't read all of the part number but what I can see is the last part
14 30L0
It has three wires and the diagramme on the metal cover reads like this:
Brown +
Power
Blue -
OPT. GREEN Earth (using the earth sign)

The plumber fitted a new vavle which I have put in the manual position. This lets me have hot water only. He has now told me the valve he fitted is wrong and as the old one had three wires and the new one has five I thought this was the case (I'm no plumber but I am a mechanical engineer).
So I've thought the best idea is for me to get the new valve so he can fit it.
Does any one know the replacement name and part number? I assume it's a Drayfos (?) I got that far on the web but no further.
I need help here. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
you had a diverter valve fitted before that has 3 wires and only gives priority to hw.

the one he has fitted is a mid position that gives hw - heating or both which is a better idea. why not keep that and wire it in properly

If I understand correctly. My original had two positions: hot water or heating. The new one has hot water, heating, or both. That sounds correct as if I had the hot water timer set to come on it would over ride the heating and the rads would go cold - great design :rolleyes:
If I stay with what he has fitted (but he did tell me it was wrong but I'll have to ask him in what way) I'll have to get an electricain in to wire up the new five wire set up, but if the baove is correct I get much improved system. That would please she who has no circulation :LOL:
I think it might be a good idea to get a new timer at the same time as it's a bit ancient and sounds like a grandfather clock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back