Acqualisa Quartz thermostatic shower - erratic hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the Acqualisa Quartz Digital exposed thermostatic power shower (pre 2005) model.

For the past week or so, I've been getting erratic hot water and now mostly cold water even though the dial is turned onto hot water. The thermostat doesn't get triggered until I remove the shower head.

When I put the shower head back on (with the shower going) the hot water goes cold.

The boiler is working fine in terms of getting hot water from the taps so it looks like it's the shower.

Any idea what the problem may be? Help!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I'll open the batting.

What sort of/make&model of boiler and type of hot-water system, just so's we know what it should be doing.

DO you have a Hot-water cylinder in an airing cup'd?, are the supplies in copper tube or plastic?, had any other work done on the system recently?, and power cuts/leccy work undertaken?

BTW, Aqualisa have a countrywide team of their own engineers available if you wanted to contact them (my local guy sends me a whole load of remedial work, because the first guys do not read/understand/follow the instructions.....)

DH

The thermostat doesn't get triggered until I remove the shower head.
descale the head, perhaps

Are the hot and the cold at the same pressure? (both from tank, or both at mains pressure?)

Sponsored Links
The early aqualisa suffered this problem with heads getting scaled.
No matter how many times you descaled them the problem still occured the solution was to re new the head.

Had a few changed by aqualisa under warranty on the early models.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back