Stuart Turner - 3 bar twin - Hot Erratic ?

sh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a stuart turner 3 bar twin supplying hot & cold to a shower and hot throughout the bungalow.
I recently did some prep work ready for a 2nd shower installation ( chasing pipes into walls and connecting to the supply etc) and ever since the hot water supply has been a little erratic. It takes a couple of seconds for it to reach full flow.
The cold is fine, so when you are in the shower and turn off and back on again you get a blast of cold water.
I have cleaned the filter and checked that the flow switch is free and moving correctly.
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
If it was working fine before, you may have an air lock; presumably you’ve bled the pump & system each time you’ve turned the supplies back on? If you’ve installed new pipes for a second shower is it installed yet or have you just the pipes off? If so air trapped in the pipes could be your problem.

Hi
Thanks for that

I cant seem to find a bleed screw on the pump ?
The second shower just has the pipes off and is not functioning yet.

Hi
I cant seem to find a bleed screw on the pump ?
I’ve copied this directly from the ST website;
http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/media/34682-Monsoon-Universal-Twin.pdf
just follow the instructions on page 14

Hi
The second shower just has the pipes off and is not functioning yet.
Are the pipes to the new shower connected to the system & have water in them? Have you blanked off the pipes or do you have service valves? If you have blind pipe runs on the system, you need to bleed off any trapped air.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link but my pump does not have the pressure vessel and hence no bleed valve, however, I have turned the pump off and opened the shower valve (existing shower) and opened the service valves (new shower pipework) to try to bleed the pump.
This unfortunately was not successful and I still get the quick shot of cold only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back