Acrow question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope some of you might be able to help with a few questions...

I have a potential solution to a problem I've encountered but need some feedback first.

When in need of a temporary support for a load, I assume most of you use an acrow?
Do you also use them for raising? Lintels, beams, steels etc?

If so, what would you say is the approx percentage of occasions when the acrow is used for raising as opposed to being used solely as a temporary support?

Can you think of any situations where you have been frustrated using an acrow?

Really appreciate any feedback. I will let you know what the solution is when I am confident I actually 'have' a solution!!

Kind regards

Chris

Sponsored Links
Well greased they will raise a load. And secured top and bottom.
Then 2 long high tensile lever bars. One to turn, one to hold.
We just use dwidag form tie bars which are high tensile.

I've seen guys literally fighting with acro props. :LOL: (my self included)

I keep a pair of these in the van which can do stuff acrows cannot...
http://www.liftingsafety.co.uk/product/yale-ratchet-lever-hoist-205.html

Which feature a friction clutch and gear box housing.

Hi,
Ive never really had a problem with acro props other than the chain sometimes snagging when raising the prop, I use them to lift steels / lintels etc but only once in position by some other method either manual or mechanical like a genie lift for example and even then its only to lift the steel the last few inches to compress it and its wet bed of mortar into place which the stays there for a couple of days to allow mortar to cure so again this is more propping than lifting.
I suppose the down sides of acro,s could be the fact there quite heavy and really to use safely they are a 2 man job.
The plus side is there reasonably priced offer strong support when errected correctly and invaluable at times when paired up with a strong boy.
For me they do what it says on the tin and have never really thought about trying other methods of support as there tried and tested and cover all angles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back