Active fault 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, my alarm is showing active fault low voltage 100. Is it the backup battery? How do I reset the alarm if I change battery?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check the manuals they should tell you exactly what is low voltage. And ideally what to do about it.
What make and model and photos of the unit will be needed

Find the switch or plug for your alarm, and verify that it is on, and that nothing has tripped in your consumer unit/fusebox. Low voltage IME has always been because the power has failed.

Sounds like a castle/Pyronix Panel. The battery is inside the big metal box, make sure you have electricity going to the panel first. If you need to open the box ideally you need to put the system into engineer mode, or just open the lid (internal alarm will sound) silence with code, replace battery, refit lid cover then press Yes,No or present a Tag/enter code.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back to me, I can confirm this is a castle system. This has happened since something threw the trip. All switches are on in the fuse box in House?

The error message I’m getting is low volts and battery fault....if this helps? N the manual it says battery fuse fault, how or were do I change the fuse? If this is the problem? Thanks in advance

It may be that the battery ran low during the power outage, it’s rechargable so the system will recharge it once power is restored. Once the battery is fully charged you should be able to reset the system by code/fob yes/no.

Sounds like power may still be off for the alarm, is there a power light on the keypad? Flashing means no power. If its not flashing then you may have a blown battery fuse although unlikely. Battery should be less than 5years old max.

The fuse is inside the control panel, they are inside small black covers which unplug from the PCB, each of these will have a discription printed on the PCB, your looking for one that says BATT. However some earlier panels have no discription, in that case follow the Battery leads onto the PCB and it’s the fuse closest to where the battery leads are soldered on. Unplug fuse, remove glass fuse, hold to light to see if Filament has blown or use a multimeter.

Hello, thanks for your reply .. yes there is a light flashing on keypad. Have I to turn off power to change fuse?

Depending on type of keypad/software the flashing light means different things.

Does it say power next to the flashing LED? If so you have no electricity going to the alarm panel hence the battery is now running low.

It doesn’t say anything, when I use tag to keep it from beeping, it says alarm silenced and battery fault. The battery is just over 5 yer old!

Ok it sounds like you have no electricity going to the panel, check electrical fused spur first then check electrical fuse inside panel. A volt stick or mutimeter will help.

Thanks all, I’ll check fuse first it bleeps every so often and says low volts.

Hello I checked fuse it’s not the fuse. Keeps says battery fault 100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back