Castle Care Tech Euro Mini - Battery Fault 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

The display on our Euro Mini alarm system keypad is saying "Battery Fault 100".

I presume this just means that the backup battery in the main unit has gone?

Is it a simple case of turning off the electrics and popping the old battery out and putting a new one in?

Would somewhere like screw fix sell the batteries and would I need to take the old battery to ensure I get the right one?

Thanks in advance![/list]

Sponsored Links
you got it ! open end station enter code to cancel tamper alarm check battery size 2.1/2.8/7.0 ah get one from screwfix replace and reset panel ps carefull 240volt inside

Thanks

Regarding the 240 volts, presumably if I turn off all the electrics in the house (via fuse box) that will suffice?

By cutting the power to the alarm unit will it still retain all of the settings/configuration etc?

i dont think you will have problem, as long as your not going to start pulling wires out inside the end station, open the box get the battery size replace lid reset the alarm, get new battery, open end station again carefully take out the battery and replace.reset system

Sponsored Links
Make sure the charging system is working too or its a waste of time.

With a multi meter.
Sorry, but so many times its said just change the battery but there could be another issue.
When was yours last changed or serviced? Probably nothing to worry about but still worth checking if you can.

With a multi meter.
Sorry, but so many times its said just change the battery but there could be another issue.
When was yours last changed or serviced? Probably nothing to worry about but still worth checking if you can.

The whole system will be 3 years old this Christmas. It was last serviced after its first year.

i dont think you will have problem, as long as your not going to start pulling wires out inside the end station, open the box get the battery size replace lid reset the alarm, get new battery, open end station again carefully take out the battery and replace.reset system

I appreciate your confidence but I think that when I come to actually fit the new battery I will definitely isolate the power - which in this case will mean killing the power to the house. Just to be on the safe side!

I presume these things have a memory of some kind which stores the config and prevents a full power cut from causing a factory reset?

yes but dont forget IF its been installed correctly, when you turn off the power and remove the battery its going to ring outside until you replace battery or turn back on the mains supply....

Hi, sorry I know this is an old post but I just moved into a house with a euro mini alarm system RINS1209-5.
I keep getting the beeping and code battery fault 100. I purchased a new battery from screw fix after reading this thread. After changing it over will that solve the problem or does the system need to be reset? If so how do I do this please?

Fault 100 is a battery fault, changing the battery will stop the fault 100.
If the system is programmed for engineer tamper reset you will not be able to reset with your user code. You will not know this untill you open the control panel lid and try to reset with your user code.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Well so far so good. I used my code to silence the alarm then used it again and it seems to have wiped the faults.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back