Battery fault 100 - need to disable alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've a Castle Euro Mini alarm and have an error message showing battery fault 100. I've tried changing the fuse but the issue remains. To stop the constant beeping, I've removed the fuse however the system is still alive (lights are on) and it emits loud beep warnings every few hours. Does anyone know how I stop these noises, I.e. disconnect the alarm? On the main board the alarm is connected to all downstairs sockets so I cannot flick the switch on this alone. I'll then call about the alarm tomorrow unless anyone has any great suggestions as to a fix?

Thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
Hi, well fist of all sound like it was not installed by a professional alarm installer as you should have a 3amp un switched fuse spare fitted and then you have just pulled out the fuse first, second battery, this would make the system be now powered down at the same time the SAB (bell box) would or should sound for 15 mins then shut off. This happens when the battery cant be seen or is not charging correctly, check the leads, but better still replace the MCP battery.

Please note we are not telling you do carry out the above work, call a local alarm company.

Main control panel battery faulty.
Enter code number to silence but do not press yes to reset.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Hi, well fist of all sound like it was not installed by a professional alarm installer as you should have a 3amp un switched fuse spare fitted and then you have just pulled out the fuse first, second battery, this would make the system be now powered down at the same time the SAB (bell box) would or should sound for 15 mins then shut off. This happens when the battery cant be seen or is not charging correctly, check the leads, but better still replace the MCP battery.

Please note we are not telling you do carry out the above work, call a local alarm company.
Do you not read the posts ?

Where does it say it's anything other than a 3 amp unswitched fuse spur ....? Jumping in again and assuming ....again you say the sab should kick in ! ....it's reporting a battery issue , that's not to say the battery can still keep it running for X amount of minutes/ hours ....it's apparent from that as it's still powered after the removal of the fuse ...

• Thanks
Hi, many thanks all. I pulled the 2 cables off the battery, which has powered the system down. So, I guess I just need a new battery now. Hope it is that simple.
Thanks for all of the advice, at least we did sleep with alarms all night!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back