How to disable entry beeps on Castle Euro Mini?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Castle Care Tech Euro Mini alarm system. It's configured so that it emits entry delay countdown beeps if the hallway PIR is activated to give us time to disarm it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to delay the countdown beeps at all?

It doesn't matter too much about the beeps when we come through the front door to the hallway, but it would be really useful if we could disable them for when they come on when we walk downstairs each morning. It often wakes our little girl up really early when I go to work.

If it helps, when we exit the house and enable the alarm the exit beeps go off, but when we set it at night the exit beeps don't go off, which suggests that it is possible somehow to disable the entry beeps.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The euromini can be programmed for a silent set function when you go to bed etc,but the entry timer speaker will always sound on entry to inform you to turn the alarm off.
You could program the sounder to a lower volume.

If the sounder could be programmed to a lower volume that would probably work great.

I have the engineers code. Is it a straightforward thing to change?

Sponsored Links
Enter engineer code
Display shows set/unset
Press no until volume control
Press yes
You will now to in volume settings
Change has required
Then come out of engineer mode

A local alarm company installed it a couple of years ago.

If I enter what they told me was the engineer code after pressing d it just lets me scroll through with exactly the same options as if I'd entered the user code.

If I enter the engineer code from the home screen that shows the time etc it comes up with 'set areas' the same as it does if you enter the user code.

It seems to me that the code they gave us is just another user code.

You have the manager and user codes only , the alarm company would not give you the engineer code,you will have to contact them to get this setting changed .

Ah right. I will contact them. I don't pay the annual maintenance though so I'll have to figure out a way to get them to give me the code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back