Adam and Eve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Adam and Eve is actually a story about two cultures of people. Everyone was happy living with the fact that they were a part of Nature and that they lived by Nature’s rules. They fully depended on Nature, because they felt themselves part of Nature. They thought that who lived and who died, what food they had etc etc was up to Nature, much like tribal peoples in Australia, South America and Native Americans etc. These people “leave” Nature to do its stuff.

Over a period of some tens-of-thousands-of-years, one of these cultures began to discover agriculture – the agricultural revolution. They produced more food than they needed, so their population grew and grew. This gave them power through numbers, and they thought they had all the answers and that they didn’t need Nature, and even thought that others should live like them. Sometimes they did this forcibly. These people “take” more than they need from the planet. This is our culture.

So the story in the Bible/Koran/Torah is about Adam (a “Leaver”), who was happy to be a subject of God [Nature], and Eve (a “Taker”) who tempted Adam by saying, “look at all this food, isn’t it great? If you eat this, we can forget about God [Nature], and do things ourselves”.

And so the general decline of humankind began because they thought they can forget about God/Nature and do things their own way.

Sponsored Links
Most definitely. As when things started to go wrong (eg the crops failed), they needed someone to blame and/or it must have happened because they had done something wrong and needed to be punished. So they invented the notion of gods. And of course the gods needed their opposite.

Well that is a take that would get you called a hethen in many circles..

Personally I think it's all a load of old bollony......

I don't adam and eve any of it.. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Someone once offered to arrange a blind date with their friend "Eve". Thought it was their idea of a joke, Adam and Eve.

I was most disappointed when their friend arrived and turned out to be a chap named Steve...

Geddit?

(by the way, this never actually happened!)

You don`t have to justify it when you make things up :LOL: I don`t :oops:

to be honest havent you ever read the

Da Vinci Code

explains it all ..

Sponsored Links
Back