Adaptors for 26mm tubing for free standing bath overflow mod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a free standing bath with a chrome overflow tube running down the back that seems to be in 26mm (measured with a vernier). I need to mod the overflow run slightly because the connection between the overflow and the waste that comes out of the back of the bath foul each other in the configuration i need. I need to rotate the waste/overflow connection by 45 degrees so that the waste and the overflow aren't on top of each other as the shallow trap i need to fit above the floor is fouled by the overflow.

Changing the configuration isn't really an option as the 'free standing' bath is actually going to be enclosed on three sides and access from underneath is also not possible.

Is 26mm readily available in any format?

If not, my only other option is to cut the 26mm and connect it with a piece of flexi pipe, specifically the pipe that you get in a normal bath overflow kit. The flexi fits fairly neatly inside the 26mm chromed brass pipe and i'd make to make the join with silicone. But i'd rather do the jop properly with compression fittings as access to this conection will be virtually impossible without removing the bath in the future.

Sponsored Links
Is 26mm readily available in any format?

I'd guess it is old Imperial 1" pipe. Is it an old fitting? If so, any plumbers' merchants could supply an imperial/metric compression adaptor fitting. You can get solder adaptors, but you'd have to rub the chrome off the pipe at the joint with an abrasive.

Doh! Why didn't i think of that!

The bath is actually new, but i bet it is a 1" pipe.

Which means i can adapt down to 22mm and put suitable bends in to make the overflow work properly!

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back