AdBlue filling issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Audi Q5 that periodically demands AdBlue to be filled up. Using a 10l bottle, I have never found it easy to fill, with about 50% of the contents frequently not ending up in the AdBlue tank, but dripping all over the back wheel instead, via the spillage drain hole. I am carefully positioning the breathing tube above the delivery tube, and some times it works well, and somethings, like today, it constantly chokes and spews AdBlue everywhere except the tank. Is there a trick I don't know about, or is there variability in the filling tubes meaning some work, and some don't? I f the latter, I seem to have a particularly duff one today. It is really tiresome, and I believe it should not be hard to fill a car with this stuff, but it really is. Help!

Sponsored Links
I had a Seat Ateca and used the adblue from Toolstation without problems, mind you I only used to use about 5 litres or so at a time. Generally topping it up before going to France.

If you have a small pump, use a tube to fill.
They're cheap enough on ebay and you have a choice of 12v and 240v

Sponsored Links
We have a Skoda and it's OK. If the car is coughing it back up the filler neck, maybe don't push the tube in as far, to make it easier for the air to get out, and see if that helps?

Back