Add tuya wifi thermostat to Honeywell wiring centre, how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of those cheap chinese wifi thermostats that I'm trying to add to our Honeywell ST9400C S-Plan CH system. Thing is the Honeywell Wiring Centre has made this impossible for me to figure out.

The stat has NC NO L N 230v connections (see image, contacts 5 6 7 8 )

While the wiring centre has a ROOM STAT block 1 e 2 3, with 1 and 3 bridged (no stat in system) and links L1, L2 and L4 cut. (cut L1 = programmer, cut L2 & 4 = S Plan),

The stat will have its own L N connection, but how do I wire it into the Wiring Centre - presumably it goes between ROOM STAT 1 and 3 to turn the CH valve on and off? But how?

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 11.07.26.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 10.56.30.jpg

Sponsored Links
Volt free boiler switch wires from 3 & 4, go to and replace the wiring centre link between 1 & 3, it doesn't matter which way around they go.

Add the permanent N and L

If the existing programmer has heating on/off time control it should be set to be permanently 'on' 24/7

Aha ... I assumed I couldn't use the volt free switch bc the WC is a 230v supply to the CH valve and not meant for high voltage.

"Volt-free" (poor term) just means it is not connected to the supply and you can use it for whatever voltage you need - within reason.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back