Addding Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking for a bit of advice. I have recently moved into a new house and would like to add a Room Thermostat to the current set up.

The boiler and programmer looked relatively new. Boiler is a greenstar 24i and the programmer is a Danfoss FP715Si.

I am happy controlling the programs from the programmer all i want is a Room stat to help save on the heating.

The cable run to the required location is ok so wireless is not required.

Would any one be able to point me in the direction of the correct type of Room stat and the correct wiring if it is possible to add one.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Sponsored Links
By the sounds of it you have a fairly standard set up, just to clarify though, you have a hot water cylinder, not being a combi? Just asking as that model timer would normally be on a standard system whereas a Greenstar 24i would be a combi (unless it's an 24ri)

Hi,

Thanks for your help yes ee have a hot water cylinder.

Sponsored Links
In that case you can have pretty much any stat you like! I'm surprised you have not got one at the moment as any boiler fitted after 2005 has to have full controls to comply with Part L which may mean the boiler was never commissioned or signed off...

Back on topic, what sort of thermostat were you thinking of? Digital? Internet enabled etc? Or just a T6360 Honeywell? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back