adding a door to en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an en-suite 'area' which has a shower cubicle and a wash basin. At the moment, there is no door between the room and the en-suite. I want to add a door to the en-suite. Don't know where to start. A cheesy option would be to have a sliding door on rail at top but i want to avoid it as far as possible.

The shower cubicle has a glass door but I want a door between the room and the ensuite, coloured red in the image

The layout is :
door2ensuiteaa3.jpg

Can someone please tell me various options and how to go about it? The place where i want the door does not have a door frame either.

TIA,

SP[/img]

Sponsored Links
Door linings & doors come in standard sizes & it would be relatively easy to retro fit one if the existing clear opening through the wall will acomodate it. Assuming it's rectangular & not an arch, what is the exact size of the opening?

following on from Richard C, a door casing set between a stud partition or if you are lucky enough, fix the casing directly to an existing opening.

standard imperial door width sizes are 27", 30" and 33".

these are usually 78" high.

the aperture sizes need to be: 29", 32" and 35" wide respectively. this will allow for a slight fitting gap which will require packing.

79" height will be required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back