Adding a new rad - partial system draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning my course of action in adding a new radiator by teeing in connections to the 22mm feed and return pipes under the first floor floorboards then dropping 15mm pipes down to the new radiators location in the kitchen below. My query is this : In order to drain those 22mm feed and return pipes with the minium of inhibitor loss, I plan to firstly shut off supply to and from the loft header tank, then close all the radiator valves (on both sides of the rad)on the upstairs and downstairs radiators except the rad with the drain cock on, attach hose to this drain cock (hose to outside ) and partialy drain the pipes. Will this work and drain the water from the pipes I will be breaking into??. I always envisage an unending stream of water pouring out as the pipeslice cuts through.
Any advise will be greatfully recieved!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back