adding a new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, I have a small rad in the kitchen and I want to put another in the lounge, the other side of the kitchen wall located rad. Can I just hook up the flow and return from the kitchen, through the wall to the new rad?

Cheers,

Ged.

Sponsored Links
short answer yes...microbore might be problem if bopth rads are very big

Sorry, but what do you mean microbore? Both rads are 600x500 fed by 15mm copper.

Thanks again..

Sponsored Links

Just to tap into this thread a little.....

If the main flow / return pipes were 15mm copper, but had 10mm microbore for the final leg into the rad.....could you still tap into the 10mm microbore or would you HAVE to "T" into the 15mm copper for the new rad?

Just to tap into this thread a little.....

If the main flow / return pipes were 15mm copper, but had 10mm microbore for the final leg into the rad.....could you still tap into the 10mm microbore or would you HAVE to "T" into the 15mm copper for the new rad?

anyone?

T in from the 15mm pipe, you want to give the poor Rad a little hope to warm up! :LOL:

Sorry, but what do you mean microbore?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe microbore is anything smaller than 15mm, eg 10mm or 8mm. My system was full of the stuff, before I replaced it all, in my opinion it looks ugly as sin if it's not neatly fitted! Can't beat 2 nice smart 15mm pipes running straight down from the rad, particularly with them chrome pipe covers you can get. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back