New radiator doesn't work.......Help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just added a radiator to our kitchen (there wasn't one before).
But it doesn't heat up. We have a vaillant turbomax combi boiler.

I basically cut the 25mm flow and return upstairs, put in two 't' reducers to 15mm and dropped two 15mm pipes downstairs inside a stud wall to the new radiator in the kitchen. Filled the the system back up bled all the radiators (which all work fine) but the new rad. just doesn't heat up. Is it possible to link into the existing system in the wrong place? Could the drop down to the rad be too long? (it's approx. 2m drop, 4-5m run in total) The rad. is a single 1600mm long, could it be to big?

The new rad. bled ok and the valves are fully open.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
There doesn't seem anything wrong with how you have fitted your rad. Valliant Turbomax is a cracking boiler (I have one ) and should handle extra load.
Suggest you turn off all your rads bar new one and then run your system.
Could be that the pump needs turning up to next speed or system needs balancing :)

Thanks BAHCO,

I have turned all the rads upstairs off and the new one is now working :D

How exactly do you balance the system :?: Is it a case of turning the rads off and then gradually turning them on till they all work correctly :?: Or is it more complicated :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do a search on this forum. Plenty of advice to avoid duplication.
The golden rule is the closer the rad to the boiler the less the valve needs to be open :cool:
Good luck ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back