recently installed a new radiator and it doesnt work!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a new radiator in the kitchen and it doesnt work!:(

I have tee'd off the existing 15mm pipe work under my kitchen units and have used 15mm plastic pipe to feed my new radiator. I installed a trv and lockshield on radiator and re-pressurised the system and bled all radiators! Pressure is 1.5 bar.

I switched system back on fired it up and all radiators heated up apart from new radiator. I have checked the pipes i tee'd off from and they are flow and return as one gets hotter quicker than the other!
Trv not sticking either as its brand new.

Any ideas?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Close off some of your existing radiators, and see if the new one responds......could just need balancing, as water will flow around the circuit that offers least resistance.
John :)

Ahhh! Don't always think because it's a new TRV it's ok - and it's not because it may be a cheap one either. Come across faulty ones before. Take the head off and also make sure you have opened the lockshield valve! Then retest. :eek:

Sponsored Links
All up and running people. Thanks I shut all the valves to all rads throughout the house and turned heating on full and opened the loackshield and trv on the new radiator and it started to heat up! Then had to open all others gradually little by little until I balanced the system. Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back