1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding a radiator to an existing system

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by ssray, 11 Nov 2020.

1. ssray

ssray

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We had a kitchen extension added to the house 2ish years ago, as we had electric underfloor heating before we asked for this, currently no idea what the spec is as I can't find the paperwork but it's not upto Heating the area.
    The kitchen is 6x4 mtrs with a vaulted ceiling of approx 2.75mtrs approx btu's 7k average from 5 online calculators

My question is if I want to run using the pipework from the nearest rad(copper pipe runs under the floor in a cellar type void) would I connect the new rads inlet to the outlet of the current rad and the return straight back via the current return or should I tee into the flow before the existing rad and do the same on the return?
    I would be using 15mm speed fit plastic

Thanks Ray

2. Sponsored Links
  3. endecotp

endecotp

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No.

Yes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local