Adding a room thermostat to CH

I could understand that, just, if it wasn't for the fact that on this boiler you have to remove screws to drop the panel to get access to the pull out draw where the programmer is.

I want something in the room which will allow me to adjust settings instead of having to faff with that, and it is hard to believe whoever had the boiler installed would not also have wanted that.

I hadn't realised the implications and what a pain it is. Seems mad that there wasn't another control in the house.

There might be alternatives you can just plug in, instead of the DT20. Do you have heating zones? It might depend on whether you have zones.

EDIT: I'm thinking of alternative plug in ones which are RF, and have a programmable thermostat. I think Drayton might do one. And then you could set that all from inside the house. But you would have to check compatibility.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/p...-in-controls-time-controls/lp10rf-digistat2rf

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I hadn't realised the implications and what a pain it is. Seems mad that there wasn't another control in the house.

There might be alternatives you can just plug in, instead of the DT20. Do you have heating zones? It might depend on whether you have zones.

EDIT: I'm thinking of alternative plug in ones which are RF, and have a programmable thermostat. I think Drayton might do one. And then you could set that all from inside the house. But you would have to check compatibility.

https://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/p...-in-controls-time-controls/lp10rf-digistat2rf
Thanks. That's a clone of the worcester bosch model. It ought to be a modular replacement on the boiler. What's putting me off is the fact that the boiler is external and in its own 'house'. I know it is radio wave but I'd be taking a gamble that the signal would get through reliably.

Thanks. That's a clone of the worcester bosch model. It ought to be a modular replacement on the boiler. What's putting me off is the fact that the boiler is external and in its own 'house'. I know it is radio wave but I'd be taking a gamble that the signal would get through reliably.

There is a cheap, low tech way to extend the range of such things, via coax. You run a length of coax cable between the two points, the receiver and the transmitter. At each end you bare the centre conductor of the coax, for a precise length to match the frequency of the transmitter.

Sponsored Links
There is a cheap, low tech way to extend the range of such things, via coax. You run a length of coax cable between the two points, the receiver and the transmitter. At each end you bare the centre conductor of the coax, for a precise length to match the frequency of the transmitter.
Thanks. That's interesting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back