Adding a small consumer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant seem to see where it says if you dont know ask someone you dont know never met wont take responsibility cant prove there knowledge wont check the work in the flesh and could be anywhere on a web forum do you

Sponsored Links
Davy--owen so basically 230 is safe then for someone who is giving advice to non competent people on a DIY forum that was an incredably stupid thing to say dont you agree.Have you met everyone you have given advice to.Not to mention the fact that you have just insulted an entire trade do you have such a pussy go lightly approach to all your DIY

He hasn't got any work because everyone is DIYing.

Sponsored Links
I work when I choose guess I am lucky but thanks for asking

THREAD CLOSED

oops sorry i cant close it im not qualified and i dare not ask for advise on how to do it :)

Talking of which, I've got a work appointment- I'll be back at 18:30 please make sure your here- there's nothing on TV and you are highly entertaining.

I have a minds eye as to what you look like, let's discuss it later

head_up_arse.jpg

honestly putting pictures of your wife on the forum thats so sweet :LOL:

My point is that 230v isn't going to jump out of the wall socket and bitch slap you as you would like people to believe.

It isn't the case that people require 3 years of on-site experience before they are capable of matching the colours to the letters and tightening up some screws in order to change a socket front or light fixture.

Now your scaremongering is doing nothing besides making you look like a fool, so please, if you are going to make an argument do so without insulting peoples intelligence.

And I have not insulted an entire trade, because that would be incredibly stupid of me, being in that trade myself, what I have done is shown that I am not some muppet who wants to scare people into believing that electrcity is out to get them. I made it quite clear that there are many factors that affect electrical installations, but it doesn't take a time-served electrician to do simple tasks, such as replacing a broken socket front - which just requires someone with eyes, a screwdriver, a bit of advice and a dash of common sense.

THREAD CLOSED

oops sorry i cant close it im not qualified and i dare not ask for advise on how to do it :)
pathetic its not just advice on anything is it but it does prove you are losing when you stoop to stupid comments doesnt it

My point is that 230v isn't going to jump out of the wall socket and **** slap you as you would like people to believe.

It isn't the case that people require 3 years of on-site experience before they are capable of matching the colours to the letters and tightening up some screws in order to change a socket front or light fixture.

Now your scaremongering is doing nothing besides making you look like a fool, so please, if you are going to make an argument do so without insulting peoples intelligence.

And I have not insulted an entire trade, because that would be incredibly stupid of me, being in that trade myself, what I have done is shown that I am not some muppet who wants to scare people into believing that electrcity is out to get them. I made it quite clear that there are many factors that affect electrical installations, but it doesn't take a time-served electrician to do simple tasks, such as replacing a broken socket front - which just requires someone with eyes, a bit of common sense or advice and a screwdriver.

Is it a requirement of this forum to twist peoples words as it seems you have yet again you know exactly what you said I have not insulted anyones intelligence think about what you said and then think about what my point was

I have said that it is NOT a good idea to give non competent people advice on a potentially dangerous job from the comfort of your arm chair.You do not know what level of skill or intelligence that person has and they dont know yours.You are assuming[forum key word]it will all work out great

and a dash of common sense is really not comparable to adequete training by which I mean supervised and knowledge proven by an accepted way qualification another point is if that is your opinion why did you bother becoming an electrician the funniest thing someone said on here was the public wouldnt know anything about part p if it wasnt for this so are you all heroes then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back