Adding a Socket to The Ring Main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me answer this question? I am wanting to put an additional socket in close to an existing one. Because this socket already has a fused spur coming off it I know I can't add another. So the next simplest thing to do would be to add to the Ring.

My question is this, Does it matter which cable I take away from the existing socket to connect the new one ( I know I can't use the Spur cable!)

In other words my plan is to diconnect one of the cables and pull it away from the socket. I will then connect this cable to where my new socket is (assuming it's long enough). Then add a new length of cable to the new socket and take it back to the original socket. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
so long as the cable is 2.5mm t & e your plan is fine, but why not add2 instead of one?

Thanks for the reply,

You mean put a spur on my new socket? It's an idea I suppose the option is always ther if I need it.

Thanks Again

Dave

Sponsored Links
Oh I see!

Am I right in thinking I can have a many sockets on a ring as I like?

that is so long as the combined floor space does not exceed 100m square, then yes you can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back