Adding a suitable heater to a tiny toilet for my mum

Yes. You don't need a fuse because a lighting circuit is already 6A, but if you're going to have one, you may as well put a 3A fuse in it.

The backbox usually has a moulded breakout that you can nip off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for all the replies everyone. Sorry, I messed up the measurements, mm instead of cm..:rolleyes: @plugwash I'm in SE UK. Forgive the Americanism, socket then?

@JohnD Looking at the prices of heated towel racks on screwfix, they're a wee bit pricey. I was hoping for something more round the £50 mark. Would any of the ones on amazon for around £50 be ok to use? Or would they not throw out enough heat to be used as a heater?
And why is it so difficult to put ones location in their profile?

So often someone is after something, such as a crimp connector recently which I hold working stocks of and would have happily donated if local. Etc.

I just bought one of these to heat up my airing cupboard (now the hot tank has gone)
650watts (less than 3 amps - so OK to run from lighting circuit) and has a built in thermostat. Small. Cheap too. It works really well.

61xPXchrvEL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Sponsored Links
If there's a handwash basin then position carefully. There isn't an official "zone" below a basin but common sense should apply. I wouldn't locate anything electrical where someone could splash water onto it.

If there's a handwash basin then position carefully. There isn't an official "zone" below a basin but common sense should apply. I wouldn't locate anything electrical where someone could splash water onto it.
Does your incorrect advice extend to kitchens?
There’s no end of water and electricity in my kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back